Our ref: ACAV/MGT/03/2020
Date posted: 23/10/2020
Associazione Centro Aiuti Volontari (ACAV) is an international non-profit organisation whose mission is to promote international solidarity for equitable and compatible development in the world so as to reach a balance between poor and rich social realities. Its cooperation projects for development are based on the values of sustainability, transparency, respect, accountability and reciprocity. ACAV operates according to the principles of equality, non-discrimination and impartiality by adopting the same approach towards all individuals and institutions with whom it interacts.
ACAV operates in close cooperation with local governments and development partners to support high impact, sustainable and replicable development initiatives that transform lives and communities in the hardest to reach rural areas of the developing countries. By adopting a holistic approach which links development and humanitarian response, ACAV intervenes in different sectors, including livelihood and agriculture, water and sanitation, vocational and skills development, environmental protection and conservation, and cross-border cooperation. ACAV has been awarded a 3-year grant by European Union Emergency Trust Fund to address the irregular migration and displacement of people in Africa (EUTF) to finance the implementation of the action titled “Technical Assistance to Koboko Municipality to implement CRRF (Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework): Inclusive Urban Development and Mobility in Koboko, Uganda”.
- The Grants and Compliance Specialist will support compliance, grants management and program operations functions and day-to-day implementation of the EU grant.
- He/she as resources person for fiscal and programmatic compliance matters will focus on the process and compliance aspects of grant making and procurement, monitoring, providing grantee support on financial management and contractual compliance to ensure that the project is carried out in accordance with UE regulations and the approved grants and procurement manuals
- The Grant and Compliance Specialist will support on financial management and compliance capacity development to Koboko Municipal staff and CBOs involved in implementation EUTF Project.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with ACAV’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Review and interpret funding agency guidelines and regulations and ensure compliance with program announcement and all applicable regulations.
- Ensure proper Internal controls are instituted, internal auditing, anti-corruption, tax fraud is observed.
- Ensure Implementing partners compliance with donor (EU) rules and regulations e.g. developing procurement announcements, reviewing requests for proposals (bids), announcing successful bidders etc.
- Develop, monitor and report on award deliverables according KMC s MOU with the European Delegation in Uganda.
- Train project and implementing partner staff on donor compliance and approval requirements.
- Maintain documentation for contracts and major procurements in collaboration with the program staff and in line with EU Practical Guidelines (PRAG).
- Identify potential areas of compliance risk factures; remain abreast of all compliance changes, activities and identify trends; communicate appropriately with implementing partner staff concerning policies, procedures and updates.
- Work with KMC /ACAV Program staff to develop an effective compliance training workshop and provide necessary training to program staff as it relates to grant administration and compliance policies.
- Provide compliance update reports to senior management as directed or requested.
- Participate in meetings with implementing partner (KMC) and development of activities as directed.
- Ensure financial transparency and anti-corruption.
- Design and execute monitoring processes of implementing partner (KMC) including conducting file audits, assessments and documenting results and analyzing data trends.
- Take a hands-on approach to supporting the implementation of grants and operations program functions to support the on-time implementation of technical program activities. Seek flexible solutions to support technical activity implementation while maintaining compliance.
- Lead, review, and coordinate the preparation and submission of program and financial reports.
- Generate and disseminate periodic internal reports on the status of grants, contracts, and sub-agreements.
- Evaluate expenditure data and make projections to ensure appropriate use of funds.
- Undertake any other duty assigned by the supervisor for the achievement of the project objectives or results.
Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science in Accounting or an equivalent.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, or related field preferred or CPA/ACCA is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in managing EU grants
- Specialized training in Grants Management (course hours) is preferred
- Financial background – accounting, finance, etc.
- Working knowledge of EU rules and regulations.
- Experience interpreting and applying EU laws, regulations and procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements, and policies, such as EU PRAG.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management terms and procedures and strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels to assist in the planning and coordination of activities and provide guidance.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, initiative and resourcefulness in making decisions
- Must have a well-developed sense of propriety, diplomacy, and political acumen
- Exhibits superior ethics and has a reputation for integrity and forthrightness
- Superior analytical skills and ability to think in a constructive manner
- Detail-oriented, works well with deadlines and under pressure, and on several projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Superior collaboration and relationship building skills and professionalism in interpersonal relations
- Experience in working with partners with low or less sound rules and regulations
- High level of competency in managing highly complex projects
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills MS Office, and expert knowledge of Excel.
- Strong problem-solving approach with the ability to anticipate problems and proactively suggest solutions.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet the deadlines.
- Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure, while being reactive to unexpected demands or changes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Actively support organisational learning and innovation.
- Previous experience of working in support of local governments to improve service delivery, accountability and capacity building.
- Previous work experience in the project area or West Nile, Uganda is an added value.
- Readiness to start work by November once considered
Job duration will be 27 months with initial one-year contract renewable depending on performance and availability of funding and 3 months’ probation period.
How to apply
Submission of Application
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements for the positions advertised shall submit their application accompanied with:
o Application or cover letter.
o Detailed curriculum vitae.
o Copies of academic testimonials and other credentials
o Contacts of three professional and reputable referees
o Postal address, email and reliable day time telephone contacts
Address your applications to:
Human Resource Officer,
Associazione Centro Aiuti Volontari (ACAV),
Plot 94, Moyo Road, Koboko Municipal Council,
P.O. Box 126, Koboko – Uganda
Applications can be delivered to ACAV Koboko Office or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission
2nd November 2020 by 5:00pm.
Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered and shortlist will be done on rolling basis.
While we value your interest to work with ACAV, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from us within two weeks after the deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
ACAV does not charge any fee in the process of recruitment and selection of personnel. Any form of canvassing is strongly prohibited.
For more information about the vacant positions, please visit the website on www.acav.eu
ACAV is an equal opportunity employer!
Leave a Reply